Read More →
The Remedy Lodi sermons are now being posted weekly to iTunes! Search for “remedy lodi podcast” in the iTunes store, or use this direct link:
Read More →
Acts 4:31 – And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
After Peter and John were threatened by the religious authorities for sharing the good news of the resurrection of Christ they went to their friends and shared what had happened. Together they prayed. In that prayer they acknowledged God’s sovereignty over all creation, His sovereignty over future and present day rulers and people. They did not pray against their enemies but for boldness to speak the word and for confirmation or fruit from that preaching. God answered that prayer by filling them with the Holy Spirit and they continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
How do we start to share the Gospel?
1. Be with Jesus
- The apostles were perceived as common men and uneducated but they spoke with boldness and authority. The religious leaders wondered at this and then concluded, “these men have been with Jesus”. The apostles had encountered the life changing, resurrected Jesus, believed on Him and received the power of the Holy Spirit. They were not speaking from the flesh but of the Spirit who empowered them. Ministry flows from intimacy. We first must encounter Jesus, believe on His name and that alone. Jesus had changed the apostle’s life. We don’t change our lives Jesus changes us from the inside out.Has He changed yours? Now you have something to share. (Acts 4:13)
- Acknowledge God’s sovereignty-As the apostles and others prayed they acknowledged that God had moved through the rulers and people to accomplish His purpose. Jesus is the one who works in a person’s heart. It is He who calls and saves (Ephesians 1:3-14) It is not up to us to produce the fruit. We are to be faithful to what He calls us to do. Peter was walking on the beach with Jesus after His resurrection. They had a conversation and in that conversation Jesus had told Peter that he would suffer. Peter saw John walking on the beach and said “What about him?” Jesus in essence said, Peter don’t worry about him be faithful to what I have called you to do, to love me. It is out of that love obedience and ministry flow.
- Ask for boldness (Acts 4:29; 1 Thessalonians. 2:2; Ephesians 6:19-20) We will suffer as a our savior suffered so we pray for boldness in he face of opposition.
3. Be led by the Spirit
- Salvation is not an act of intellectual ascent or emotional response but a divine intervention of grace. The Spirit of God will lead you to the right time and place. God prepares hearts to receive His word. Read he story of Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8
4. Act in faith
- Even after the threats the apostles continued to proclaim the Gospel boldly and without compromise and many were added to their numbers. (Acts 4:31)
Throughout the Book of Acts Jesus’ mission continues as He establishes His church through His people by the power of the Holy Spirit. The word of God is proclaimed, Jesus exalted, the Spirit of God moves and salvation comes to the glory of God. It is His work, but by His divine will he calls us to be a part of what He is already doing. He allows us to be a part of this work for His glory and our blessing. We get to see the greatness of His love and grace over and over as He works through our human weaknesses by the power of His Spirit. Would you like to see Jesus move in your neighborhood, workplace, school, gym, etc? Be with Jesus, pray, submit to the Spirit of God and then act in faith.
Read More →
Here are two simple reasons why the name “Remedy”.
1. The name Remedy implies two things: there is an illness, and there is a cure. We are sick, spiritually. We have the sickness unto death. Sin. The wages of sin is death. Yet we have a cure for this death disease. His name is Jesus. Jesus died so that we may live. Jesus is the remedy.
2. The name is incredibly easy for anyone at our church to explain to inquiring minds. It gives opportunity to share the good news. Why Remedy? Jesus is our remedy, “by His wounds, we are healed.”
Read More →
We were created and exist to be worshipers of Jesus
To expose and explain Christ to those near and far
We pray and gather in large and small groups for the equipping of the saints through study of scriptures, worship, prayer and biblical community. We scatter to take Jesus into the world, near and far as we live our lives out in families,neighborhoods, schools, work and play.
To see all men and women, young to old, rich to poor, no matter race, education, religious background, political affiliation live out their created purpose through relationship with Jesus by grace through faith in Him and Him alone