STATEMENT OF FAITH
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, the authoritative, and the inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21). We believe that the story of Scripture is God’s story and Jesus is the hero of that story. The Bible is all about Jesus and His redemptive work throughout the ages (Luke 24:27).
• We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
• We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:34-35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His victorious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return to earth in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16).
• We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the absolute sinfulness of the human nature, and that all are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved, unto the resurrection of life; and those who are not, unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
• We believe in the spiritual unity of the believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28). Spiritual unity (oneness in Christ) allows for diversity in expression that is grounded in the truth of the Gospel.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who gifts us, empowers us, and leads us to accomplish Christ’s purposes in the world, and who manifests His presence to the world through Christ’s Church (Romans 8:13-14; Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 14; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18; Acts 1:8).
• We believe we were created in the image of the triune God (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:20-21) to live in community (1 Corinthians 12:12-31; Romans 12:4; Acts 2:42-47), and that it is through these Christ-centered relationships that Jesus’ love and life are best exemplified (1 John 4:16-17).